Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sincere appreciation
10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Sincere appreciation
I would like to thank Lonnie and all his crew for the best ride I have ever been on. The friendship and comaradie was unbelieveable. Everywhere we went people flocked around and wanted to hear all about the run. The local people came out of the woodwork to offer their services.

Jerry Wieland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2010, 08:27 AM
RE: Sincere appreciation
I agree with you Jerry, It was an unbelievable trip, we will remember always. Such a great bunch of people. Thanks to Lonnie an all the CREW, for allowing us to be apart of it.

Gary Haynes
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I agree 110%. Thanks Lonnie and everyone on his staff. I would especially like to thank the sweepers and the wonderful "Sidecar Dudes" who watched our backs the whole way across the country. I couldn't have done it without those guys. Joe Sparrow you know who you are!! Thanks
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
It would be interesting to see all the people who breathed a sigh of relief when Joe showed up on his Goldwing. Never in my life have I seen a bike that had every tool and spare part needed for any roadside repair. It didn't matter if you needed a tire patch and an air compressor or a length of wire or duct tape or any imaginable tool - Joe always had it and immense mechanical talent to boot.

Just don't believe his GPS when it says the rain is over - right Dave

Jerry
10-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Amazing event - thanks to all, and I do mean ALL for this ride of a lifetime.

#15 Buzz Kanter 1915 Harley in 2010, 1929 Harley for 2012 and 1936 for 2014
Classic Harley fourm
Classic Harley info
Harley magazine
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2010, 10:31 PM
thank you . it was all of you people and joe sparrow ,who made the event so enjoyable.
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I want to thank you all for allowing me (at the invitation of one of the riders) to join this august group for the final stage into Santa Monica. Even riding only one day I was easily caught up in the camaraderie and genuine caring felt from other riders. If another Motorcycle Cannonball occurs within my life time (soon I hope) I will buy, beg, borrow or steal a qualifying bike and be there with bells on.

Jim A. Tucson, AZ
p.s. My daughter lives in S.M. and she came down with my two grand kids to see all the old bikes so it was a hat trick treat for me.
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks to one and all for making the Cannonball such an enjoyable event. What a great group of people to share the adventure with! To all the competitors, event staff and fellow support crews thanks again. Stop by any time for a "Point". Ride safe, Tim