Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Other Route Recommendation
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 06:06 PM by Buzz Kanter.)
RE: Other Route Recommendation
(10-01-2009 02:33 PM)cory Wrote:  I've been playing on google maps for a couple hours now and messed it up a little here and there but I thought of some options. Anyway, your not kidding Buzz.... a fella can lose track of time playing with this mapping business. I'm going to try and post a link with a modified version of your route. So far you have us routed through Springville and it would be cool to check out Jeff's stomping grounds. I did do a little detour in Nebraska to head for Iowa. That way we could hit Anamosa and head up to Milwaukee. From there I have mapped two options. One would include crossing into Canada from Michigan and cross back to the U.S. in New York. I don't know this may or may not be a pain in the butt with customs but would be the most direct way to go and only adds about 76 miles to your total cross country numbers. We could also turn back south at Milwaukee, skirt around Chicago to Bloomington, IL and resume the remainder of your original route. Just some more points to ponder.......Big Grin http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=U...724609&z=4

Another cheesy quick pic..........Big Grin
Hmmm. that's weird. I had it all mapped out and posted the links and each time I click on the link the map is slightly different. I'll give it a break for a bit and try to modify it later.... AR15

Because we are doing this almost a year out we have time to try all sorts of different ways to go. And I appreciate the fact that we can all be involved in the process thanks to this forum and web site.

If we can justify the time it would be great to stop in Anamosa, IA to check out Parhams' excellent motorcycle museum, and also to stop at Harley's museum in Milwaukee. But that would add at least 2 more days to an already long trip (assuming we actually stop for more than the time it takes to gas up).

I am a bit concerned about crossing into Canada and back into the US as the new law now insists we produce a passport and who knows what other hassles might arise when they see a bunch of loose screws on rusty old motorcycles and all the chase/support vehicles. I don't fancy them searching through all the boxes of tools and spares.

#15 Buzz Kanter 1915 Harley in 2010, 1929 Harley for 2012 and 1936 for 2014
Classic Harley fourm
Classic Harley info
Harley magazine
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Other Route Recommendation - Buzz Kanter - 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
RE: Other Route Recommendation - Alleydude - 10-01-2009, 07:18 AM
RE: Other Route Recommendation - cory - 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
RE: Other Route Recommendation - cory - 10-01-2009, 02:33 PM
RE: Other Route Recommendation - Buzz Kanter - 10-01-2009 06:04 PM